Event Preview: Hard Core Cider Tour – San Diego 2017
The heat has finally broken and autumn has arrived in Southern California. With the Halloween festivities over and Thanksgiving a few weeks away, what is there to do besides eat discounted candy and dream of the perfect cider to pair with your turkey and mashed potatoes? We have an idea for you! Sip on ciders down by the seashore. Now, say that three times fast.
This Saturday, November 4th from 1 to 4pm, California’s only traveling craft cider festival comes to San Diego for the first time. In its third year, the Hard Core Cider Tour will make its final stop for the year at the Embarcadero Marina Park South. Come knock back a few new and familiar west coast ciders with us! Here’s everything you need to know to gain entry and enjoy the afternoon without worry.
What will you be shelling out for ciders seaside?
- General Admission = $40 online; $50 at the door
- Group Rate of 4+ppl = $30 online; $40 at the door
All ticket prices include unlimited 2 oz. tastings from 20 different cideries and a signature keepsake mason jar for your future cider sampling. And of course, don’t forget your designated driver if you’re coming by car! DD tickets are $10 at the door, but we highly recommend public transportation or walking, as parking will be limited. If you plan to attend at least a week ahead of the festival next year, you and your cider squad of 8+ can get in at the group rate and receive an exclusive “Cider Squad” festival t-shirt for everyone. Hard Core Cider Tour takes pride in each of their host locations, so all ticket proceeds go to the San Diego Mountain Biking Association.
Enough logistics. Here’s a guide to the real main event, the ciders you’ll be able to sample. And, new this year, if you find one that strikes your fancy, purchase a bottle or two at the Cider Store Tent!
- Guthrie Ciderworks (San Diego, CA)
- Bivouac Ciderworks (San Diego, CA)
- Newtopia Cyder (San Diego, CA)
- Calico Cidery (Julian, CA)
- Common Cider Co. (Auburn, CA)
- Jean Marie Cidery (Paso Robles, CA)
- Tin City Cider Co. (Paso Robles, CA)
- 101 Cider House (Los Angeles, CA)
- Ace Premium Craft Cider (Sebastopol, CA)
- Twisted Horn Mead & Cider (Vista, CA)
- The Honest Abe Cider House & Meadery (Los Angeles, CA)
- Hemly Cider (Courtland, CA)
- Raging Cider & Mead Co. (Marcos, CA)
- Stoked Cider (Healdsburg, CA)
- Mission Trail Cider (Bradley, CA)
- 2 Towns Ciderhouse (Corvallis, OR)
- Cider Riot! (Portland, OR)
- Julian Hard Cider (Julian, CA & Milton-Freewater, OR)
- Finnriver Cider (Chimacum, WA)
- William’s Orchards (Herefordshire, UK)
Amongst the tents and tables of libations, you’ll be able to play jumbo lawn games whilst dancing to the sounds of the high energy Redemption Brass Band. If you’re not one for giant Jenga while drinking, you can also munch on bites from local food trucks Eat Your Heart Out and Sub Fusion (not included in festival price). Have we gotten your attention yet? Climb on out from that candy coma and claim your tickets now.
For more information on the Hard Core Cider Tour festivals, visit hardcorecidetour.com or follow them on Facebook for updates on where to find them next year.